Data Protection at Hyde-Design
Here at Hyde-Design, we take your privacy seriously.
In compliance with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), we have two responsibilities:
- To protect the personal data we collect from visitors of our website
- To protect data our clients collect from their own clients and host on our servers (while using our services).
Privacy for our Visitors
Visitors: How we collect information from you via our website
We do not use subscription mailing lists and we do not request registration details to use our services (other than an emailed request for invoice details for purposes of obtaining payment).
Our website has a single contact form that is provided to allow you to contact us. Data entered into this form is encrypted and is not stored online, furthermore this data is used only for intended use (eg. to provide your contact details for us to reply to you).
We will not, without your permission, sell, publish or share any information you entrust to us that identifies you or any person.
If you are unable to resolve any issues you may have, or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting www.ico.org.uk for any assistance.
Visitors: IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
The type of cookie used on this site are classified as "Strictly Necessary". We use "Strictly Necessary" cookies to:
- Administrate website content
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our website when we make any changes to the way the website works
Cookies we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will NOT be used to:
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
There is one cookie that we use on this site that is defined as "strictly necessary" cookies:
This has a randomly generated name (eg "2a8ff4c2f40bef232b830aa" ) and it is used to keep the session live so that an administrator can update the website. It doesn't store any confidential information and is destroyed as soon as the session ends (when you close the browser).
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia – all about cookies.
Visitors: Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Privacy for our Clients
Clients: How we deal with your information
As a hosting service provider, Hyde-Design does not decide how personal data is processed when you use our services. We assume that our clients have their own GDPR policies in place and have appointed their own Data Protection officer (if required).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of websites we host, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Beyond the services you set up on our hosting platform, we:
- Provide an automatic daily backup of your website on a 7 day rotation
- Provide a basic analytics package (as outlined above) based on the server security logs.
Clients: What happens if you are hacked!
If your website has been compromised, we will inform you as soon as we have been notified. As per our terms and conditions, your website may be taken offline until a security audit has proven that the site is safe to be back online. This is for the security of your website, the server and users/visitors of your website.
- It is our responsibiity to inform you of this breach.
- It is your responsibility to inform anyone who maybe affected by this data breach.
Visitors to our Client's websites
If you feel we were unable to resolve any issues you may have, or you would like to make a further complaint, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting www.ico.org.uk for any assistance.