Terms & Conditions of Business
1) Payment Obligations
- If the client has requested Hyde-Design develop and/or design a website then it is subject to a build fee.
- An initial 50% of the build fee may be requested at Hyde-Design's discretion, this initial fee is non-refundable.
- The initial fee should be paid up-front in full by the client and the remainder of the build fee should be paid in full after the website is live, within 28 days of the invoice date.
- If the client is on a monthly hosting agreement, the hosting fee should be paid in full on a monthly cycle. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure a standing order has been set up with their bank.
- If the client is on a quarterly hosting agreement, the hosting fee should be paid in full within 28 days of the first month of each quarter.
- If the client is on an annual hosting agreement or has been invoiced, the fee should be paid in full within 28 days of the invoice date.
- A hosting account may be suspended or removed if payment is not forthcoming.
- A domain may not be renewed if payment is not forthcoming.
2) Renewal & Termination
- These terms and conditions are valid for a minimum duration of one year.
- Once the minimum duration of one year has expired, these terms and conditions will be automatically renewed on a month by month basis.
- If the client wishes to terminate the agreement before the minimum duration of one year has expired, an administration fee of £75 would be applicable. The client will only be exempt from the administration fee once the minimum duration has expired.
- Once the agreement is terminated it is not the responsibility of Hyde-Design to assist with the uploading, installation or configuration of the client’s website.
- If the client wishes to terminate the agreement after the minimum duration has expired, they must provide Hyde-Design with one months written notice.
3) Hosting & Domains
- Ownership of any domain registered by Hyde-Design on behalf of a client will remain with the client if the domain registration fee has been paid and the renewal period has not expired.
- Due to the technical specifications and security requirements for CMS and e-commerce websites, websites built by Hyde-Design are strongly advised to be hosted by Hyde-Design.
- If the client prefers to host the site themselves or via a third party, Hyde-Design would not be held accountable for the performance or security of the website.
- If the client wishes to transfer their hosting to another provider, Hyde-Design can upon request provide access to all site and database contents.
- A client may request access to the control panel of a hosting account at any time.
- A client may request access or guidance on how to operate their CMS website at any time.
- If a client requires detailed guidance on how to operate their CMS website a training fee will be applicable.
- Hyde-Design would not be held accountable for the performance, content or security of a website if DNS or MX record changes are requested, or if a client has performed DNS or MX record changes on their own accord.
- Hyde-Design would not be held accountable for the performance, content or security of a CMS website if CMS access has been granted to the client on request.
4) Design and Development Process
- The design and development costs are included within the build fee.
- Hyde-Design’s CMS and e-commerce websites are built using open-source software released under the GNU/GPL licence. This licence can be viewed at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- During the build process a proxy version of the client’s website will be set up for the client to view site progression. Once the website has been approved and the initial fee has been paid the contents of the proxy site will be transferred to the live site.
- If any content from the proxy site then the client will be held legally responsible.
- Requested changes to a website after it has launched will be subject to an additional charge.
5) Site Content
- Once the initial payment has been made, intellectual property rights of the site content will be fully owned by the client.
- The client will take full responsibility for any content (either in text form or visual) they submit to Hyde-Design for inclusion on their website.
- Hyde Design reserves the right to terminate the agreement if the client’s site content is deemed pornographic or morally irresponsible or contrary to prior existing client's intent.
6) Site Security & Restoration
- Hyde-Design’s managed backup platform ensures that the client’s website is backed up daily. If the client wishes to roll the website back to a point in the last thirty days they must contact Hyde-Design as soon as possible.
- On request, Hyde-Design can perform an ad-hoc backup and provide the client with a downloadable copy.
- Hyde-Design reserves the right to archive any website backups. An archived backup can be provided to the client only if it is available.
- Once the agreement is terminated it is not the responsibility of Hyde-Design to provide the client with a backup or to retain an archived backup.
- In the event that a website has been compromised Hyde-Design reserves the right to temporarily suspend a hosting account. This is for the security of the website, the server and users of the website.
- Information on how Hyde-Design is GDPR compliant is available on our privacy page.
7) Downloadable Content
- Hyde-Design provides open-source downloadable software released under the GNU/GPL licence. This licence can be viewed at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
- Technical support for any downloadable content that Hyde-Design provides is completely at Hyde-Design's discretion. Guidance for installing and configurating Hyde-Design content is available on this website.
- Hyde-Design is not responsible for any outcome resulting from downloading or installing content provided by Hyde-Design.
8) Alterations to Terms & Conditions
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
- Should Hyde-Design waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Hyde-Design to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
- Hyde-Design reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms or conditions at any time. Should clarification of any of the above be required please contact Hyde-Design at:- 10 Shelley Close, Hitchin, Herts, SG4 0PW